Friday, April 9, 2010

Va Beach local here... if anyone has questions!

I have lived here my entire life but am by no means an expert. But if you have any questions ask and hopefully I can help!



Va Beach local here... if anyone has questions!


my wife and I will be in Va. beach in May. She is on oxygen 24/7. Is there a place that I can rent a wheelchair for a week. We are staying at the Atlantic beach club.







Thanks for your help



Va Beach local here... if anyone has questions!


Did you try asking the Beach Club if they have one available or where they recommend?




Say that again about where you%26#39;re staying? I%26#39;m familiar with Atlantic Beach Club...but the amusement spot.



I ask because of info on the location we might give you.



At any rate, click here for all kinds of info on doing the beach with a wheelchair...parking, the areas where the ramps on to the sand are, etc.



tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58277-c5353/Virginia鈥?/a>



Here%26#39;s a link to the only company I have been told about that rents all kinds of mobility equipment for people who need a wheelchair...even a sand beach wheelchair, with those bigger tires that make it easier to move on the sand: http://www.modernmobilityinc.com/rentals.html



They used to serve the oceanfront mainly I think...for travelers in need of setting something up on vacation like yourselves. Now they serve the entire area. I have heard they deliver right to your hotel.



Let me know if that%26#39;s all still the case. It sounds so handy, doesn%26#39;t it.



Also let us know your cross street so we can give you more info.



The entire boardwalk is wonderful for wheels...whether surries or bikes or inline skates or wheelchairs or scooters...since it%26#39;s all concrete.




Sometimes the hotels may have wheelchairs you can use also. Your best bet would be to call and ask your hotel if they offer complimentary wheelchairs you can use. Other than that, the previous comment about the rental company would be your best bet I would think.




sorry. We are staying at the Ocean Beach Club 3401 Atlantic avenue. Thanks for your quick reply and information. Any recommended restaurants?




Is this a good, CLEAN beach for a family? I have a two- year-old and an eight-year-old. We have never been to a beach. Some friends have recommended the Outter Banks of NC, but that is an 11 1/2 hour drive for us.




can you tell me if there is alot of touristy things to do for kids? i cant seem to find anything.





things like ripleys, arcades, mirror mazes, lotsa things like that.





we%26#39;ll have alot of time to kill while my husband is in his conference all day and we have 3 kids. and it wont be warm enough to swim while were there.




oh and i did find the go kart place (only one though?) and it has terrible reviews.




I%26#39;m not sure when you%26#39;re coming. However, if you click on the tab marked Overview, and then follow the links to articles written by travelers, you%26#39;ll find lots of ideas for things to do. I have a Go List for a rainy day but certainly the activities can apply to a regular day as well.



tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i2217-Rainy_Day鈥?/a>





Which reviews were not good? Motor World? Here%26#39;s my take on reviews: read them with a grain of salt. Look for comments on things that are important to you. Also look at the person who posted the review. Sometimes people sign up and post a negative review and you never see them again. I tend to discount those as people with an ax to grind - they want to get even with the company or they are just trying to stir up trouble or they were expecting champagne on a beer budget. Even good companies can have things go wrong. Basically, ignore the top 10% of postive reviews and bottom 10% of negative reviews and you%26#39;ll get a pretty good picture.




thanks for the link...





we are coming the last week of March.





and yes that is the go kart place i was talking about. all the reviews were bad! not just a little bad, they all were pretty bad. so thats what made me leary of that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment