Sunday, April 4, 2010

governor's inn? any experiences you can share?

We%26#39;ll be staying at the Governor%26#39;s Inn July 13-18th. Can anyone speak about the pool area? Do the rooms have balconies? Is there a shuttle close by for the CW attractions? Is most stuff in walking distance or do you have to drive? What times are the CW attractions open until? Has anyone used the ';camp'; they offer at the Woodlands?





Do you think we can do BG in one day and the Water park on another day? I feel like there is SO much to see and do there%26#39;s no way to squeeze it all in.





We%26#39;re traveling with myself, my 9 yr old daughter, my bf and his 7 yr old son... We%26#39;re also considering a day at VA Beach - is that too much?





thanks.



governor's inn? any experiences you can share?


I%26#39;d skip the VB trip this time. You%26#39;ll have enough to keep you busy in the Williamsburg area. Trust me!!!



governor's inn? any experiences you can share?


I%26#39;ve not stayed there, but I have friends and relatives who have. The pool area is nice, pretty typical outdoor rectangular pool. No balconies. This page has a couple of pictures: colonialwilliamsburgresort.com/hotels/value/…



Most CW buildings, etc. are walking distance, and you have free use of the shuttle bus with a ticket to CW, and the shuttles are pretty convenient.



I think you could do BG one day, water park the next. With either the Discovery Ticket (BG and WC) or the Bounce Pass (BG, WC, CW), you have unlimited visits within 7 consecutive days, so you could go back to BG in an evening to pick up what you missed or what you want to do again.



Unless you have your heart set on a day on an Atlantic Ocean beach, I%26#39;d skip VB - driving to and from takes up 2 hours or more, and you will have more than enough to do right here!




We do have the Bounce Pass so I am sure we can head back to BG or Waterworld. I am not a huge history buff, but think bf is good with it... Hoping to learn some new stuff but I am sure my thrills will be a the theme parks - as sad as that is... was never into history :( However, I%26#39;d like my daughter to be less like me and more into it!!! She%26#39;s looking forward to it!





I think it%26#39;s great with the Bounce that we can hit one of the parks at night or whatever. I really think there is too much to do in 5 days.





We%26#39;ll probably skip the beach - we%26#39;re not far from the Jersey Shore, so that is fine.... THANKS!!!




I have a good review to give you!







Pool: it looked OK, I mean its nothing special by any means, a little run down.





Balconies: No, I don%26#39;t recall any of the rooms having balconies.





It takes maybe 5 minutes to walk there, I wouldn%26#39;t ever bother with the shuttle...you%26#39;d problably take longer waiting for it.





I loved the governors inn for what WE needed. Its pretty clean but don%26#39;t get a room on the bottom floor. The governors inn is a hotel that you aren%26#39;t going to do much of anything but sleep in. Their continental breakfast is AMAZING! Had so many choices!!!!! Get there early! There%26#39;s no way I would pay a lot to stay in this hotel. We got it for $39 a night I think, and it worked out great! There%26#39;s juice and fruit all day for you, and that saved us a lot of money.





Our budget was really tight which is why I loved this all inclusive hotel. We got 50% off evening programs, free CW tickets, free breakfast, and free juice and fruit all day. They pretty much lost money off of us at $39 a night! Well worth it!




Thanks. I did hear the breakfast was good - you say ';get there early'; - what time is early?? I%26#39;ll have 2 young kids with me - 7 %26amp; 9 and I%26#39;m sure we%26#39;ll be up, but its the bf I am worried about... ha ha ha... I am sure we%26#39;ll spend some time in the pool but I am not expecting much for the price... Did you use any of the other resorts amenities?





Thanks again for your help.




I think we got there around 7:30? I%26#39;m not sure exactly! I imagine it will be VERY packed in July though. I really can%26#39;t remember what the good time was to go, but the sooner the better I would say. Or maybe right before they close breakfast, when everyone is done! They keep it well stocked.







I didn%26#39;t use any other amenities really. You had to go to the Woodland for most of the stuff, which is right down the street. Pretty much we just took advantage of their evening program discounts. We also asked them some questions and they were happy to answer! Pretty knowledgble too! I hope you enjoy your stay! Just remember, its A LOT like a motel. Honestly we always stay in nice places, so this was a change for us. But it was definitely a good price that we couldn%26#39;t complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment