Sunday, April 4, 2010

Returning to VB for vacation; Looking for name of restaurant

Hoping for some help here. We were in VB about 8 years ago staying at our timeshare at Ocean Key and ate at a restaurant in the country south of town about 10 miles. I remember that we went south on General Booth Blvd.,turned east toward the ocean and went down several backroads. It was a large white painted brick building about 150 years old and sat by a salt marsh (while having cocktails on the deck several groups of canoes and kayaks paddled by). I believe that it had a color (white or blue?) in the name and possibly a bird (heron or crane?). My wife thinks it might have been White Moon.





We%26#39;re returning the end of July and hope to eat there again. Any help the regulars can give will be greatly appreciated.





Thanks, Bill



Returning to VB for vacation; Looking for name of restaurant


I%26#39;m thinking Blue Pete%26#39;s in Pungo. Ya think?



Returning to VB for vacation; Looking for name of restaurant


Blue Pete%26#39;s is closed, I believe.




Thanks for your help.





Yes it is Blue Pete%26#39;s. I called them (757-453-6478)and they are open. The business was closed for a while and is now under new management since last May.





Looking forward to our trip the end of July.





Bill




Yes, it is under new managment. The menu changed I think? Still the view though.



Let us know what you think of it...and of your whole trip.




Leave it to someone who does not live here to know more! :) Will see if I can get some reviews of the new place-will call around.



I just returned from a great lunch at Waterman%26#39;s on 5th street. That I can recommend!




Glad to hear that Watermans is still good. It%26#39;s directly acrooss the street from Ocean Key and we ate there several times on our last visit to VB.





Try asking me tourist questions about Chicago and I would probably not be able to answer most of them. Ask me tourist questions about places we have vacationed in or plan to in the future and I will probably have the answer. I spend way too much time on TA and other forums researching lol





Bill




I can%26#39;t tell you how many things I have learned about Va Beach from this site. Now, if you are into vintage aviation, you may want to check out this:





http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/





My father, who lives in DE and was a Korean pilot, never misses an opportunity to visit and hang out-they love visitors.




Hi, Lynn, do enjoy Waterman%26#39;s too. And Mahi Mah%26#39;s outdoors, especially the lunch specials...good deals.



Also, the little place at The Capes. Good price on oceanside breakfast.




LynnVB, PS....thanks for the Aviation Museum link. Looks terrific.




Lynn,





Thanks for the info on the air museum. We toured the Midway aircraft carrrier last fall in San Diego. Two weeks ago the small airport near our summer home had an open house and dedication of their new terminal featuring a dozen vintage military planes restored by various groups across the midwest. Right now my wife is probably overdosed on old planes so we%26#39;ll probably take a pass.





On our last trip we toured the Wisconsin, took a harbor boat trip, spent a day in Williamsburg and spent a day driving on the Outer Bank in NC.





This time we plan on going to Jamestown and Yorktown and at least one day touring the Eastern shore. Any other suggestions?





Thanks,





Bill


  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment