Thursday, April 1, 2010

Beachfront Hotel/Resort In VA Beach for around $100?

I%26#39;m searching for a beachfront hotel/resort in the virginia beach area...I don%26#39;t want it too far south because we want to go to Busch Gardens as well so the less we drive the better, but we want to stay ON the beach. Anyone know of anyplace that is around $100 a night or cheaper is always better! :) I want a clean place but besides that I%26#39;m not TOO picky! :) Thanks!



Beachfront Hotel/Resort In VA Beach for around $100?


You can check on the hotels here on this site, but I do not think you can get that price-the lowest I found was not on the beach for $131. Are you planning on coming in the summer months? Rates are a little lower after Labor Day or in the Spring.



Beachfront Hotel/Resort In VA Beach for around $100?


Yes, as Lynn said...tough to do.



Click on the hotels tab along the left here and when they come up click to order them by price. Cutty Sark is not bad...retro and not oceanfront but there are some ocean views.



You might go to, say, expedia, and type in Virginia Beach. they%26#39;ll ask for the number in your party and age of children. When the list comes up opt to organize by price and also by Virginia Beach only since that seems to be what you%26#39;re looking for.



Not much even then. But if you see something do double check at the hotel reviews here and also by typing in the hotel name in the little empty box atop these posts for a word search for recent forum comments on the place.



Also, you could give www.vbhma.com a try. I don%26#39;t know your requirements otherwise so didn%26#39;t attempt it on your behalf...say, if you have AAA, etc.



Also, do a word search...that same little box...using the words bargain hotel. There%26#39;s a lot of advice and ideas.



There is a hostel with some family rooms and cottages about two blocks from the beach with very reasonable rates if that helps.



Let us know as you fine tune.




Thank you all so much for your help! I figured it was a long shot getting a hotel that cheap on the beach, but i figured it was worth a try asking. I know some hotels do stay 2 nights get the 3rd free or at discount so I%26#39;m going to check that out as well...we%26#39;ll see what I find! :) Oh by the way, is there any other areas near Busch Gardens in Williamsburg that has beach areas with hotels on it because we don%26#39;t HAVE to stay in VA Beach....I just knew that place was known for beachfront hotels.



Thank you!




Try looking in Norfolk. There is a Best Western on the beach there (Best Western Holiday Sands Inn %26amp; Suites) that we stayed at a few times.




A thought on the Best Western, Giorgianni. Coming from Arizona you may just want big, wide water and sand and manageable calm water at that for the kids. Or you may be expecting ocean waves. So do realize that Best Western is on the Chesapeake Bay. But good alternative.




Hey thanks for the suggestion about Norfolk! I did try that area and other surrounding areas but I wanted beach and ocean versus bay/river areas so I ended up booking at the Sunpree in VA Beach. It might not be the greatest place but hopefully for the money it%26#39;ll be nice enough, plus my husband would LOVE the lazy river...completely his style! LOL Now I have a question about Busch Gardens so I%26#39;m off to bug people about that! Thanks again




You may want to try La Quinta inn. It is across the street from the beach and it may have a reasonable rate. Or Royal Clipper has decent reviews but older.




The lowest rates I found were around $112. But definitely check on Hotwire %26amp; Priceline... and also Easy Click Travel.





(and I allowed to post this? Anyways!)




Even though the OP already booked, for others following this, there are sometimes good deals on Expedia last minute travel deals.


  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment