Friday, April 9, 2010

Do not use Groome Transportation

Groome is a very unreliable service.They never have drivers ready for passengers and making a reservation essentially means nothing. I have tried three times to use this service only to get to the booth and not have any car or driver even though a ';reservation'; had been made. Then I was expected to ride and share a car with other patrons because there were not enough drivers even though I had asked for a private car. Take a cab or hire a real car service and save yourself the aggravation.





Do not use Groome Transportation


We%26#39;ve had the very same thing happen, multiple times. We have waited 30 minutes or more for a ride, despite having reservations made well in advance, and when a ride came, it was a bus! Nice racket for Groome, as they charged their (steep) usual rate! It was very frustrating as each time it has happened, we were returning home after long flights, trips overseas, etc.





Any suggestions on a GOOD service?



Do not use Groome Transportation


Regardless of what Groome tells you on the phone, their service from the airport is always a shared car/shuttle service, priced per person. To me, Groome is only a deal if you%26#39;re a single person. For 2 or more, getting a taxi at the airport works out cheaper. No matter how late I%26#39;ve flown in, taxis are always available at RIC.





When I%26#39;m going to the airport, I use Richmond Taxi. Their service is excellent and they drug test their drivers...which if you ever ended up in a taxi with someone you%26#39;re not totally sure is all there...can be a little hairy.




Agreed. I have had two awful experiences with them. The first time, the cab could not find my house and was 45 minutes late in picking me up to travel to the Richmond airport.





The second time, my company arranged car service for transport to Dulles airport. 30 minutes after my scheduled pickup time, I called Groome and they stated that ';they were busy but they were sending a driver out now.'; An hour after my pickup time,the the driver called and said he was lost, because he was new and didn%26#39;t normally work this end of town. He had to stop at a gas station, put the gas station attendant on the phone with me, have the attendant explain where they were located and relay directions that way because of his limited English. He was two hours late by the time he picked me up and instead of a car as requested, he showed up in a rickety, bouncy passenger van - to transport ONE person. He then drove below the speed limit the entire way to DC. I had to run through the airport and made my plane only as the gate was closing.





The driver was very upset that he was late and apologized profusely. He obviously was new and only used to doing the cab run between downtown and the airport. My issue was not with him, but with the company, who never should have sent an inexperienced driver, or should at least have provided GPS to the poor guy. The company did not apologize or seem concerned, and thus, they have lost my business forever.




Thank you very much for your information about Groome which i was going to book with.Now I will check out taxis!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment