Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hotel Deals

Has anyone EVER gotten a good deal on a hotel in Blacksburg or Christiansburg? I have been trying on priceline and hotwire this year, probably 5 different times and have never been able to snag a room this way. It is so hard to pay so much for a not so nice hotel room. I%26#39;ve checked betterbidding.com and nothing is ever listed there as a %26#39;win%26#39; for either of these towns.



Hotel Deals


Unfortunately it%26#39;s an equation of demand, limited supply and proximity to campus, not of room quality. If you don%26#39;t mind the drive, Roanoke is 30-45 minutes away and more affordable.



Hotel Deals


This may be a bit late to help you out, but I concur that to save a lot, you%26#39;ve got to drive a little. I%26#39;ve worked with the Holiday Inn Express in Salem just off of I-81 at exit 137 for meetings. It%26#39;s not fancy but the rooms are clean and the service is great. From this hotel, it takes about 30 minutes to reach Christiansburg and about 40 to Blacksburg. Whenever there%26#39;s an event at Tech, you won%26#39;t find a decent room rate until you hit exit 150 on I-81. In the opposite direction on I-81 you%26#39;ll find some decent hotels in Dublin at exit 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment