Sunday, April 4, 2010

Any suggestions for a romantic anniversary dinner?

Hi! I will be in Busch Gardens / Newport News for a trip with my husband and daughter, (her friend), and my parents for a short vacation. Since our anniversary falls during the week we will be there, my parents offered to take the girls out for the evening and allow us to have a nice anniversary dinner to ourselves. So - I would like to find a nice restaurant for a quiet romantic dinner. Any ideas???





Thanks!!!



Any suggestions for a romantic anniversary dinner?


Oh, I didn%26#39;t realize you posted a separate thread on the Williamsburg forum. Check out my response on your Newport News forum- I included my Williamsburg recommendations on there too!



Any suggestions for a romantic anniversary dinner?


Thanks - I did see that. I just thought I%26#39;d post both places since it seemed like the Williamsburg forum was more active than the Newport news forum. Thanks again - I really appreciate your response!!!




Newport News:





Port Warwick district has 3 good upscale restaurants.



-Light Restaurant



-Thaijindesu (Thai)



-Schlesinger%26#39;s (Steak House)





http://www.portwarwick.com/restaurants.html





Also there%26#39;s a small bistro on Warwick Blvd near the Hilton Village that people rave about (it%26#39;s #1 on TA for Newport News restaurants %26amp; Daily Press wrote a glowing review): Create Bistro. It%26#39;s very small and intimate and the food is excellent.





…dailypress.com/entertainment/dining/blog/20…





Williamsburg choices:





-A Chef%26#39;s Kitchen (a cooking class %26amp; dinner combined into one unique experience)



-Christiana Campbells Tavern or Kings Arms Tavern



-Opus 9 (steakhouse, sister restaurant to Schlesinger%26#39;s in NN)



-Merchant Square%26#39;s upscale restaurants: The Trellis, Blue Talon, Fat Canary or Berrett%26#39;s.



-Food for Thought



-Cities Grill



-Eagles at Kingsmill




Le Yaca, a French Restaurant located in the Kingsmill Shopping area near Busch Gardens, is a great spot for a quiet, romantic evening. The menu and ambiance are excellent.





Here%26#39;s a link to their website: http://www.leyacawilliamsburg.com/




Ditto Le Yaca - ambience, service, food, wine - all add up to equal a lovely, quiet, romantic dinner.




Oh - so many choices! Thanks everyone - I%26#39;ll check back in after next week and let you know what we chose!

No comments:

Post a Comment