Sunday, April 4, 2010

American Girl Felicity map?

Hi,





My dd LOVES the American Girl dolls and Felicity is one of her favorites. While I am aware that they no longer have a Felicity program at Williamsburg I came upon a post from 8/06 that stated a child picked up a ';Free Felicity map that showed her buildings/shops';. Has anyone been recently %26amp; seen/gotten one of these maps? My DD would love one so we could visit Lissie%26#39;s spots. My niece %26amp; her family will be in CW the following weekend that we are %26amp; she would love one too. Any info. out there? Where can I pick one up?





TIA,



Trvnbrn



American Girl Felicity map?


Do you remember where you saw the post? I%26#39;m not thinking I%26#39;ve seen such a map, but I have no young girls in my household, either, so I haven%26#39;t been looking really.



American Girl Felicity map?


Zoey,





Here%26#39;s the review I read that contained the Felicity info. It say%26#39;s they have them at the visitor%26#39;s center gift shop. Hope they are still available!





Traveler rating: 4 of 5 stars



Williamsburg: Colonial Williamsburg: ';Great Family Experience';



Aug 15, 2006: A TripAdvisor Member, Royal Oak, MI





We just got back from a Friday/Saturday stay in Williamsburg. We were concerned that it would be crowded in the middle of August , but it was not. WE also got lucky and had very mild summer weather.





We went with our 4 young kids, two in a double stroller. Honestly, it worked out fine, though I have to say our 9 year old liked Williamsburg the best. Our 7 year old also enjoyed it, though mostly because we picked up a free Felicity Map (from the American Girl Dolls) at the Visitor%26#39;s Center gift shop. THis map showed all the Williamsburg attractions from Felicity%26#39;s life.





We didn%26#39;t end up eating in Williamsburg, but went to the west Bypass road area, where there are lots of restaurants. We particulary liked Friendly%26#39;s and Golden Corral buffet.





We stayed at the Governor%26#39;s Inn, which I would suggest to anyone! The location was excellent, we walked everywhere. Also, because it was an official williamsburg hotel, we received wonderful discounts on our tickets to Colonial Williamsburg. The morning we started our touring, we just went to the ticket desk at the visitor%26#39;s center, gave them our hotel reservation, and got our tickets at half price, plus they gave us all the kids for free (I don%26#39;t know if this was a special promotion, but we sure appreciated it.) Also, we got our hotel room online, so the price to stay there was an excellent value, and the same as staying anywhere else. They also have a free breakfast and pool.





We wanted to get our kids the three cornered hats, but the prices inside williamsburg are pretty high. So, look for the same souveniers at less than half price at the gift shops on Bypass road.





As far as whether to get tickets or not: we are really glad we did. The best part of the trip was the tours and information we received from the tour guides.





Also, if you have a young toddler like us, who is noisy, plan not to take them inside the house tours. I tried once and had to leave because my son was so anxious to explore and talk.





Overall, we had a great family two day experience. We would consider going back again when the kids are older.









This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.





Thanks,



Trvnbrn




Hi trvbrn!





I just got back from CW very late last night and unfortunately I didn%26#39;t see any Felicity Maps.





I have been a huge collector of the American Girl Dolls since I was young and Felicity was the and still is one of my favorites.





I did notice in the different stores throughout CW, including Merchants Square that there was quite a few Felicity items being sold. Lots of books, paper dolls, etc.





I wonder if you called the CW Visitors Center and asked them about a Felicity Map if they may be able to help you. I think it%26#39;s worth a try so that way hopefully you will know before you go and can plan accordingly. I wish I could help more!





Good luck!! :)




MaraAlysha,





Thanks for the info. Sad to hear that Felicity maps were%26#39;nt available. I will ask at the visitor%26#39;s center gift shop when we arrive %26amp; have them double check. The ones they did have were probably old items they were just using up.





My DD has two American Girl dolls. She received Kit last Christmas and saved her own $ to buy Felicity in March. She is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Molly this Christmas. Have you ever visited the American Girl fan message board? It%26#39;s a lot of fun %26amp; there is a wide range of collectors. Here%26#39;s a link...hope this is o.k. to post here, if not Mods please delete.



hostboard.com/cgi-bin/…2155





Have a nice night,





Trvnbrn




Hi Trvnbrn!





Thank you so much for that link! :)





I haven%26#39;t been to that message board before I will definitely check it out! The first doll I got was for Christmas 1989. I got the Samantha doll. Several year later I got Felicity. I%26#39;m in my mid 20%26#39;s now but I still think the American Girl Collection is amazing and I have wonderful memories with the dolls.





Let us know when you come back if you were able to get a Felicity Map anywhere, ok? Even though I didn%26#39;t see them I really hope you%26#39;ll be able to get them somewhere. :)





Thanks!! Have a great trip! :)




trvnbrn, I stopped in at the Visitors Center today and inquired at both Revolutions (gift shop) and the Bookseller. The Bookseller still has a few; you%26#39;ll have to ask at the register.



Good luck, and be sure to post a trip report!



I%26#39;ll be posting a couple next week. We%26#39;re planning on going over to Yorktown on Sunday for the Surrender by Cornwallis troops. Then on Tuesday I am taking a vacation day to go over to Charlottesville to tour Monticello and Montalto. I%26#39;ve been to Monticello before. We also plan to hit a winery or two before we return to Williamsburg.




Zoey,





Thank you sooo much for the Felicity map info. I can%26#39;t believe you actually went %26amp; asked. Now that%26#39;s what I call being a dedicated forum expert! I%26#39;ll be off in a few hours %26amp; will post a report when we return.





Thanks again for all the great advice on this board.





Trvnbrn




Zoey,





Thank you so much for the Felicity map info. We just returned from our trip %26amp; the maps were right where you said they would be. I was able to get 4 maps (2 for DD %26amp; myself) and one each for my niece %26amp; her friend, who will be at CW 10/28-10/29. They have a stack behind the counter at Booksellers gift shop at the visitor%26#39;s center, but they told me they are indeed old stock %26amp; when they are gone there will not be any more. The map made the trip for us. We visited (or at least took pictures of) all the Felicity sites on the map. It is a trip we will not forget!





Trvnbrn




I heard about this also (on the website American Girl Fan Hostboard--y ou can go there for lots of other tips as well) 2 weeks ago. Since Williamsburg is only 20 min. from my home, I drove up and got the map at the Visitor Center book shop. The cashier just reached behind her and took one off a pile and said it was free for the asking. It%26#39;s nice! Good Luck! Kim




I%26#39;m so glad everyone was still able to get one of the Felicity Maps! Unforuanetly when I was there I didn%26#39;t see them and I didn%26#39;t think to ask. :(





I really would love one! I want to go to CW again in 2007 but I don%26#39;t know when and I%26#39;m afraid they will be all out of the maps by then.





Would anyone be able to send me one? I would be willing to pay for the gas to get there and get one of the maps and for your time! I%26#39;m just so afraid that they won%26#39;t be available when I go back since I%26#39;m not 100% when I can plan my next trip in 2007.





Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment