Friday, April 9, 2010

eating?

Is there any place to eat in Colonial Williamsburg that wont cost an arm and a leg???? We have 3 teen boys and I%26#39;m trying to keep dinner at under $80, which is doable at palces like Applebeas and such but we wanted to eat in CW that day.





Thanks



eating?


You may want to have lunch at one of the taverns instead of dinner. The Kings Arms and Shields Tavern serve lunch (one or the other) daily from 11:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., first come, first serve. This would give you the experience of a colonial tavern without dinner prices.



eating?


true, thanks




Are you looking for interpretation with your meal? The lunch suggestion is a good one.





However, if you are just looking for a walk-to-able restaurant, Merchants Square is squeezed between the College of William and Mary and the historic area. It%26#39;s modern but charming, and you might easily wind up there anyway for the shopping. There are several restaurants that might remind you of Applebee%26#39;s. http://merchantssquare.org/




thanks. the prices are really high for a family to eat there in CW




It%26#39;s very true that all the restaurants in Merchant Square (Trellis, Blue Talon, Fat Canary, Berrets) are pricey. So there are two other options:





#1 on Prince George St. there%26#39;s a coffeeshop called Aromas which sells sandwiches, etc. There%26#39;s also some sort of retro hotdog place (I%26#39;ve never been).





#2 Your best bet may be to walk 2 or 3 blocks from Merchant Square along the W%26amp;M campus and go to one of the 3 restaurant/delis at the intersection of Richmond %26amp; Scotland Rds. Both the Green Leafe and Paul%26#39;s Deli have less expensive, quick and easy fare that%26#39;s good.




Another option is Huzzahs if you want to stay in the CW complex. I would describe it as in the same style as a chain restaurant like Applebees. Similarly,there is Seasons in Merchant%26#39;s Square with the added alternative of Stefano%26#39;s behind it if you desire pizza and subs.




I%26#39;m thinking it will take all day just to do CW, from what I%26#39;ve been reading here,lol. I%26#39;m still not sure what part or parts we will try and fit into the one day but after going back and looking at everyhting, I think with only one day to spend, I%26#39;m going to suggest just doing CW to our family. So with that, we would need to eat in CW at least for lunch. Not sure if we will do an evening program or not. I wouyld like to see the witch trial but I%26#39;m not sure if its age appropraite for 8 and up??? Can we bring in a picnic????




Hi lorinjer,



You absolutely can bring in a picnic to CW! (Just no open drinks or food in the colonial buildings or stores of course) A perfect place to spread out a picnic is the huge lush Governor%26#39;s Palace lawn! Wide open, but still some shade trees along the side if you need them. =)




Isn%26#39;t that hot dog place that chazz spoke of called ';Retro%26#39;s';? I%26#39;m thinkin%26#39; it is. We did walk passed it but didn%26#39;t eat there, it%26#39;s on my list, tho. I%26#39;ve heard it has good old time ';soda fountain'; food at very reasonable prices. I think it%26#39;s one block away from the Merchant%26#39;s Square area.




Yes, Retro%26#39;s is just a few door%26#39;s down from Aroma%26#39;s. My husband and I love to grab lunch there when we%26#39;re at CW. We usually get the hot dogs or the grilled chicken sandwiches. I absolutely love the limeade there, too, so I always make sure to get that while I%26#39;m there!

No comments:

Post a Comment