Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Virginia Aquarium

We are planning to visit Va Beach late in July. Last year during our visit we took a side trip to BG, but this year we%26#39;d like to see more of what the VA beach area has to offer, especially the aquarium. I see that it is currently under construction - is it still worth a visit? Also, which is better - Rudee Flipper or Rocket? I will be taking my 8 y/o daughter (hubby does not like any type of boat!)and she has never been on a boat (except 1/2 cruise off Navy Pier). I love going out on a boat and have done so many times in Lake Erie (not the ocean, I know). Does the ';rocket'; really zip along? Can you see anything? Any information would be helpful as we try to work this all out. Thanks so much!!!



Virginia Aquarium


The Rudee Rocket is similar to the Mad Dog (or something Dog) that runs at Navy Pier Chicago. The Rocket is a fast, loud, boat and goes from Rudee Inlet to the North End of the beach. The Flipper is a dolphin cruise with discussions by a Va Aquarium guide about local marine life. Very different boat rides, just depends which type you would enjoy. If sailing interests you consider the Iggy Biggy, I haven%26#39;t sailed her but have taken several trips on the American Rover sailboat in Norfolk, cutting quietly through the waves is a nice experience. More details on boat cruises at www.vbfun.com/visitors/categoryDetails.aspx…



I haven%26#39;t been to the Aquarium lately so I can%26#39;t speak to the construction situation.



Enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment