Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Braddock Road Metro Safety

Not to be alarmist, but realistic. I have posted in the past that some very nice hotels with reasonable rates within walking distance of Braddock road metro REQUIRE a car in my opinion for nightime. While the washington subway system is safe enough, the area surrounding Braddock Road metro is less than optimal for tourist walking. I opined that it is a needless risk to stay near there and walk to old town. In response, various posters have scoffed about my concerns. Here is a very recent posting about a fatal shooting just 2 blocks from Braddock Road metro at 6 pm (hardly late night)



washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20…



I have been glad to see that recent postings have concentrated on hotels near King street metro which gives a much nicer and truer impression of our town.



Alexandria is still super safe but the housing developments near Braddock Road Metro are not prime strolling areas. It%26#39;s just the combination of warehouse, industrial area, light foot traffic and ';tougher'; areas in Braddock Road Metro still overwhelms the gentrification of the new condos. bottom line is that if you do not want a car and want to be able to walk to and from a subway metro to DC or walk to old town - look in the King street metro area instead of Braddock Road metro.



Just my opinion -



Braddock Road Metro Safety


I ditto Charm, you are spot on, and much more diplomatic than I could be! I certainly wouldn%26#39;t stroll the area for sure and I live here.





bbb

No comments:

Post a Comment