Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Evening Events

I have some events in mind %26amp; checked the forum %26amp; called the # for some info.





I have a 9yr old boy (birthday in oct). I am interested in seeing Cry Witch %26amp; Crime%26amp;Punishment. The representative Told me what they were about %26amp; the ending. I think my son would be fine with this, although I will talk with him about it b/f getting tix. But I would also like to hear from anyone who has brought their children to these events.



Evening Events


These programs are both pretty intense. Having seen them both, I would not take take a pre-teen child to see them. Consider the Tavern Ghost Walk and the Lanthorn Tour -- both are kid friendly and good programs, and you%26#39;ll have just as much fun.



Evening Events


Some of the punishments represented in Crime and Punishment may seem gruesome to those of a sensitive nature and those portraying the recently departed may be frightening to young children. That said, the reason these programs are not recommended for children is to dissuade parents from bringing children who cannot sit still or refrain from talking, singing, crying for an hour while a court trial is reenacted.




These presentations are rather like theater, with the to-the-gut punch of a living, breathing person in the same room with you who is in trouble, hurting, fearful, angry or unsure.





It%26#39;s my personal opinion that theater is wonderful for kids. It touches the soul in ways that most movies, tv or games, with their plasticized glamor, do not. Furthermore, the suffering you will see depicted in Williamsburg, while very humanized, is closely delimited by the historic context. Your son will not go to bed fearful that tomorrow somebody might accuse him of using black arts on the neighbor%26#39;s animals. He will, however, most likely take a step towards those two opposites -- analytical ability and compassion -- that he needs to grow into a proper man.





And if you can find a better result than that for an evening%26#39;s entertainment, I%26#39;d be surprised! I hope you go, and I hope you ALL enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment