Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Public transportation to Chincoteaque?

I will be staying in Rehoboth Beach,DE this summer but would really like to take a couple days and go to Chincoteaque...but really do not want to drive in ';beach traffic'; to get there.



Is there any bus that would get me between the 2 places?



Thanks!



Public transportation to Chincoteaque?


Depending on what time of day/week you go, the beach traffic doesn%26#39;t have to be awful. Friday nights are horrendous. Sunday afternoons are horrendous. Monday mornings are not so bad.





I don%26#39;t think that there%26#39;s any bus service you can use. Among other things, there are three states involved on the route you%26#39;ve proposed. A regional bus service serving the peninsula would involve a degree of cooperation and funding that just doesn%26#39;t exist out there. I think Trailways serves the peninsula, but you%26#39;d probably have to go back through Baltimore or Washington to do so.



Public transportation to Chincoteaque?




I agree with the previous poster - not only is there no bus service that I know of, but the drive from Rehoboth to Chincoteague is not that bad - especially during the week. I%26#39;d vote for giving it a shot!


  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment